A Vibrant On-Campus Community
What goes on in the hours you spend between classes at Calvin Seminary? Start with regular chapel and worship opportunities and add donut breaks, table hockey tournaments and town hall gatherings (with free pizza provided, of course).
This is just the beginning of the ways you get to know other people in this caring, tight-knit community. You will also find many ways to serve, using your gifts and abilities to add to all of the wonderful things already happening here.
The Dean of Students Office
The Team Focused on Community
Community life at Calvin Seminary includes many opportunities. The Dean of Students Office helps the student body engage these opportunities and provides resources to help students succeed.
Calvin Seminary is first and foremost a worshiping community, and you will find daily opportunities to gather with others to pray, sing and meditate on Scripture. Examples include:
- The community gathers in the beautiful Seminary Chapel at 10 a.m. each Wednesday and Friday for a student- and faculty-led service.
- A 10-minute Matins service is available each day from 7:40-7:50 a.m. before classes begin.
- Prayer groups meet weekly.
- Korean students gather each weekday morning for prayer and have several other worship gatherings at differents times of day and on the weekends.
Chapel is planned and led by students, faculty and staff. From chapel planning team to Seminary Choir, ensembles, drama and dance, chapel is a place where you can use the Spirit’s diverse gifts to lead others in worship.Want to get involved?
Organizations and Publications
There are many ways to get involved. Student clubs and organizations are a great way to connect with fellow students. Below are some examples of ways to get connected:
Student clubs and organizations:
- Church Planting Club
- Seminarians for Social Justice
- Korean Student Association
- Old Testament Club
- Idema Food Pantry